Residents should know the following:
- The City of Stow does not have representatives going door-to-door to provide information or enroll residents into our utility aggregate programs. All of our programs provide information through the US mail with the associated City of Stow Logo reflected;
- Although a solicitor carries a “Solicitor’s Permit” with the City’s logo on it, that does not mean they represent the City;
- Residents should never provide account numbers, copies of bills or other personal information to a solicitor!
- Residents should be cautious and review the offer closely before enrolling in a program they are unsure of. When in doubt, don’t sign up!
- Residents can always call the Mayor’s office to verify the solicitor or the Public Service Department for help;
- If there is a problem with a solicitor being forceful, rude, or disrespectful, contact Police Dispatch immediately to request officer assistance
- Residents may print the No Solicitors Invited image and place at their front door. (Right click on the image to save and print on your computer)
- Residents that want to be added to the do not solicit list and/or if they want a placard, contact Deb Berkey at 330-689-2800.